Post: Volunteer Receptionist Role
Responsible to: PSP Project Lead
Location of Role: Darlington
Main purpose of Role: To ensure the smooth running of the reception area as appropriate to the YMCA and the PSP.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone and direct them appropriately.
- Notify appropriate staff member of their arrival.
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- Assist in keeping the reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current information to provide to guests on request.
- Conduct regular security checks in communal area throughout the day and report any security issues to line manager
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to staff, including all furniture, fittings and equipment
- Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at team meetings
- To be committed to attending for a minimum of 3 hours once a week.
- To be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- To have good communication skills.
- Ability to enthuse and motivate individuals.
- To express a non judgmental attitude.
- To have an interest in the work of the Service.
Please Note The Following
The contents of this role description will be reviewed annually with the post holder to ensure its continued relevance. Any changes will be made with the agreement of the post holder.
Applications returned to: email@example.com Alison Wennington, Tees Valley YMCA, Middleton Court, Middleton Street, DL1 1TU.